Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh No She Didn't........

Oh yes she did...we can now say that we are proud parents to a daughter who has shoved something up her nose. At parties when people talk about crazy stuff their kids have done we will now have a story to compete with everyone else's story. And so begins the story of Ella and the shoe......She was playing the other day and I noticed a little shoe for a doll of her's on the floor. I should have picked it up but was busy doing something else so I didn't. Well not more than 2 minutes later Ella was crying saying that something was in her nose. Welp, sure enough, she had shoved the shoe up her nose and I couldn't get it out. I started to panic and needless to say, Ella was not happy about it either. I called Jake in a panic and made him come home. He couldn't get it out either so we had to take her to the doctor. We had to wait 3 hours before they could get us in. I guess it really wasn't an emergency but it felt like one to me, I mean she had a freakin' shoe up her nose. We made it to the doctor and let's just say it wasn't pretty. Jake had to practically sit on top of her to get her to hold still enough for the doctor to be able to get it out. I held her legs and Jake had the rest, including holding her head still enough for the doctor to get his little tool in her nose to get it out. It was pretty far up there. She was screaming her head off but they did get it out! YEAH!!! Everyone in the office as we walked out asked if they got it out and mentioned that they could hear her screaming in there. I'm sure the whole office heard her, she has quite the set of lungs on her. We are hoping she learned her lesson and won't ever do it again.


The infamous shoe!

Ella is holding the shoe in her hand but of course, you can't see it.

7 comments:

Fielding 5 said...

What a girl! I'll try to keep the Polly Pockets up when she comes to play! It's sure fun having you guys next door!

Merced said...

I'm so sorry you have a story to tell now! I think I will throw out all of our tiny shoes and put them by all of our scissors. Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

Nikki and Tipper said...

only ella!!! Poor girl!!! Glad you saved the shoe!!! What makes someone put something up their nose?? Never understood that!! Well I love her shoe in nose and all!!

The Dille Family said...

I can't believe that! I would be freaking out too. Glad it all turned out okay. I can't believe how big your kids are! Has it been that long since I've seen you? Good thing we have blogs huh? Looks like you are a busy mom. Take care!

Suzanne said...

Wendy,
I blog stalked you from Critchfields blog, hope that is ok. Anywho. Austin put carrot pieces up his nose and about a year later, wheels from a hotwheels car. Welcome to parenthood of crazy kids. Do you care if I link to your blog from mine? Ours is stewartasylum.blogspot.com
Suzanne

Andy and Jodi said...

Oh Ella, poor thing. My brother Jed got a bean stuck in his ear. But he was 16 years old!! It could have been worse.
LOL

Jenner said...

that looks like it would hurt! once kennedi stuck a big eclipse mint up her nose and it was melting and stinging her so bad, luckily we were able to get it out without having to go to the dr. hopefully she's learned her lesson! :)

Jake, Wendy, Matt, Ella & Sophie