We spent a little over two weeks house hopping in the month of July. With Jake being gone, I've been doing everything in my power to keep us busy so the time goes by that much faster. We are down to under 3 weeks, wahoo!! The first leg of our trip we spent at my sister's house. Lisa and Keith are fantastic hosts!!! They took us to a baseball game (dinner included), swimming, out to dinner at Sammy's, swimming again, Thanksgiving Point, swimming some more, a sweet "sister wives date" to Magelby's where we ate ourselves sick to some ridiculously good food, a day at the reservoir where it was quite chilly for July, and did I mention we went swimming? Lisa and I would have a few hours every day by ourselves to chat while the kids had some time play downstairs. I've come to the conclusion I really need a basement! We had a fantastic time and would have loved to stay longer.
The second leg of our trip was at my in-laws where we packed in the fun as well. We went on the tracks up to city creek mall to do some school shopping, the kids ran in some fountains, we went and saw the new Ice Age movie, we did some more swimming and ate some good food. Seriously the weeks are a little bit of a blur. I don't think I've ever been so tired in my life. We had so much fun and I pretty much didn't see my kids for 4 days because they were having so much fun with their cousins. I love it! My kids all think its great to help take care of the younger cousins that they have which makes me so happy.
The third leg of our trip was in Vegas. Jake drove up and met us for this last part!! Lisa, Keith and their kiddos, and Mari joined us for this part as well. We rented a sweet house with a pool in the backyard for our trip. We pretty much spent our time swimming and shopping and eating some food. We would hit the pool by 8 am every morning and soak ourselves in the rays of the sun. It was too hot to do anything else. We have decided we need to make it an annual trip.
All of the vacations were a success! We were so grateful to have some fun places to visit! The pictures are in no particular order and there are a lot of them.
2 comments:
Crazy that you are a daytime empty nester!
Talk about feeling old, Kamber is in the 6th grade. I just taught her how to shave her legs. (I know she is young, but she is determined and I'd rather teach her than have her try without permission)
Now remind me..... Did jake go to Arizona for a chunk of the summer? This was for an internship right? I am assuming he is back now - How did it go?
Next post: What you are doing with all your quiet time during the day! :)
Hugs,
joce
ps. Your hair is getting so long. It's cute.
Post a Comment