Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween

We love this time of year around here. It full of excitement, parties, and candy. I love how excited my kids get about dressing up for Halloween. This was the first year that Sophie was actually excited about wearing her costume. Every year before this, she has cried every time we got her dressed for Halloween. She was always ok once she got to the trick or treating part because of the candy, who among us isn't better after we get some candy. It was fun to watch them get all excited about trick or treating this year. We had a trunk or treat at our ward building Saturday night and did some trick or treating afterwards. Ella was totally into this year. She kept jumping ahead of Sophie and I at the trunk or treat because apparently we were too slow. Matt decided this year he was doing the trunk or treat by himself with some friends......(big sigh from mom, he is getting so big, not quite sure I'm ready for it). I absolutely love this time of year. I'm so excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas, they will be here before we know it.

Little Miss Sophie, she is just so darn cute. I love her dimples.

Halloween is right up Ella's alley, you get to dress up in fancy clothes, put makeup on, and do your hair all fancy. She loves every minute of it.

Matt went as Darth Vader this year. There were several of his friends at the trunk or treat that were all characters from Star Wars so they had a light saber duel on the church lawn. It was hilarious!

Our 3 kiddos.

Here are our pumpkins we carved. The kids actually got their hands dirty this year and pulled out the pumpkin guts. We have been enjoying our cooked pumpkin seeds for the last couple of days. They are delicious.

2 comments:

jami said...

so cute. I miss them so much

Lis said...

Perhaps someday I will have a girl that I get to put makeup on, those pictures make me pretty jealous. I really missed our Linder farms trip this year, next year for sure!

Jake, Wendy, Matt, Ella & Sophie