Monday, June 22, 2009

Some Cousin Lovin'

We have had a crazy couple of weeks. I braved a trip to Utah with all 3 kids by myself. I spent a couple of days in Alpine and then went to Lisa's for a few days in Saratoga Springs. Minus the weather being crummy, it was so much fun. In Alpine, we went to a bridal shower for Nikki, went to see Up in 3-D(might be the best kids movie I've ever seen...we loved it!), took some pictures up on the mountain with the poppies, ate food, and played with some cousins. Matt went and had a slumber party with Jami and her kids in Eagle Mountain and scored some major treats at the parade. At Lisa's, we went swimming in her neighborhood pool, watch some movies, ate food, went to Lisa's voice recital(she did a spectacular job), did a little shopping and played with some cousins. Lisa and I then drove up to Boise together with all 5 kids by ourselves. Our car was full of stuff and kids. We had a great cousin retreat and got to catch up with some family that we don't get to see often enough. I didn't take a single picutre, not sure what my problem was. We were having way too much fun catching up and telling stories. Lisa stuck around for a few more days after that where we went to a sweet park in Boise(didn't take pictures here either, see Lisa's blog), had a girls night out at the movies, and went swimming again. We sure had a lot of fun but are pretty much exhausted
3-D glasses

Nikki and Ella at the movie...they kind of look alike.

Wonder what he is looking at?

The girls fell asleep for the last 30 minutes of the movie.

Cute Cousins in front of roses

All the cousins in the poppies

Holy Buckets...I have 3 kids! They sure are cute.

Grandma and Grandpa with the grandkids minus Sophie...she was done taking pictures.

Our swimming adventure with 5 kids and 2 adults. Are we crazy or what?

Griffy and Sophie getting some cuddle time in the love sac...don't you love how they are holding hands.

Our boating adventure on a rainy day.

Reading some books before bed.

Some random pictures of Sophie's sleeping habits. This one is Sophie in her bed. We go and check on them before we go to bed and most nights one or both legs are hanging off the bed. Sometimes she is completely off the bed on the floor.

Here she is after church on Sunday. We have 1-4 church which is pretty much the worst time ever to have church with little kids. Sophie rarely gets a nap on Sundays and pretty much always falls asleep sometime soon after we get home. On this particular day, she fell asleep standing up against our rocking chair. Poor little girl, she must have been so tired. Yes her skirt is falling of her, she is too little.

5 comments:

Lis said...

Oh man, If I wasn't so tired I would say let's do it again! I heart the picture of Griff and Soph on the lovesac. And the pictures of Sophie sleeping. I love all the pictures actually. I love you and your cute little kids. And Jake too. :)

Tyson and Amanda said...

That last pic is hilarious! I feel for her, I have many nights at work that I could probably do the same thing! Cute pics!

jami said...

I love all the pictures! It was so much fun having you guys here. Wish we could get together more often.
PS I WILL get those recipes to you, soo sorry!

Nikki and Tipper said...

Wendy I love that pic of Ella and I! Its so cute!! THANKS for coming to my shower!! I loved hanging out with you guys!! I love the kids too!! and we missed ya Jake!!

Jenner said...

ahhh cousin love. so fun.

Jake, Wendy, Matt, Ella & Sophie