Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Check out our pumpkins....

We pulled 18 pumpkins out of our garden yesterday. We would have let them grow a little bigger but it has been so cold here that it killed the plants. The kids were very excited about the pumpkins yesterday. Sophie was screaming at the top of her lungs, "Look at all the pumpkins mommy!" (despite being the youngest and smallest child, she is EXTREMELY loud....you wouldn't think to look at her would you?) Here is the picture of our harvest! Sorry about the pole in the middle but it's the only way I could get all the pumpkins in there.


5 comments:

Lis said...

Whoa, that's a lot of pumpkins. And yes, Sophie is surprisingly loud. Seriously you are such a gardener, I like it. Happy Halloween eh?!

Lis said...

PS, your kids are OLD! Seriously old. I can hardly stand how big Matty is. Hope we get to see them this weekend.

Lis said...

PS this is Austin, and I love your new Halloween background. And I am going to come up for the whole week before Mari gets married, and Keith is going to fly up on Friday. Sweet!

kars and linz said...

wow i am impressed! thats alot of carving you guys get to do! so excited for you guys to get here! can't wait!

Merced said...

I love the pumpkin picture! We had a large crop of pumpkins that came in july, I ended us making tons of cooked pumpkin and it was really good. You should try it, if your kids don't claim them all. Have fun with all the wedding plans.

Jake, Wendy, Matt, Ella & Sophie