We had a couple things happen to us in the last 2 weeks. These two stand out in my mind the most. I will start with the bad. I was planning a trip to visit my sister and in-laws in Utah this past weekend. Matt was going to be out of school for a couple of days so it was a good time for the long needed visit. Sophie had been sick for several days so I took her to the doctor prior to us leaving just to make sure she didn't need any antibiotics before we left. Come to find out her sickness was much worse than we thought. She was admitted to the hospital last Tuesday because her oxygen levels were low. Long story short, they came to the conclusion she has asthma which presented itself with this sickness. So on top of the infection she had, she was having trouble breathing. After a very long night in the hospital, rounds of breathing treatments around the clock, lots of poking and prodding, lots of medicine, and two extremely worried parents, I am happy to announce she is doing much better. She was released from the hospital after 1 night but we came home with more medicine and breathing treatments which we still have to continue to give her. After she has been better for 1 month, we will have to take her back to check for the severity of the asthma and find out what triggers it. We are so glad she recovered as quickly as she did. We were originally told she would have to be there for at least a couple of days. We are so grateful for a helpful family which took our other kids for a few days and for modern medicine. I'm glad she is doing much better.

Now onto the good! Matt received an award at school 2 weeks ago for academic excellence. We are so proud of him. They had an assembly where they had all the kids stand up when their names were read for the award they had received. He is such a great student and is constantly amazing us with his capabilities to do math, read, spell, etc. Great job Matty! We sure love you buddy.
5 comments:
That picture of Sophie breaks my heart. She is so sweet (except for when she screams). You are such a good mommy Wendy. I missed you on Valentine's Day, visit me soon please.
Wendy your family is really cute. I am so sorry to read about your little girl being sick. She sure is adorable though! You look great by the way!!!
Oh Wendy, I am so sorry! Let me know if you need anything. I am proud of Matty, doesn't it seem like yesterday that we were having assemblies in elementary school! Time flies! We need to do lunch soon.
We're so glad that Sophie is back home and doing better. Lukey comes to me and says "weh-wuh" (aka Ella). He loves to play with your girls! I love Jake's shirt in this picture. Where did you get it? Let's get together soon.
Yeah! Another ward member that blogs! I found yours through Amanda's and it was great to read about your family! Hope you all are feeling well-I haven't seen you in awhile :(
Post a Comment