Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our Summer Vacation Thus Far

Warning!! This post is extremely long loaded with tons of pictures.

Here is what we have been up to for our summer vacation so far. This post is not in any particular order but covers it all. For the 4th of July we had a bbq/fireworks/movie night. We had 4 families altogether for a great time! We definitely need to do this again because we had so much fun. Here are a few pics of our night.

Ella, Sophie and Luke on the skateboard swing.

Kiddos watching the fireworks they all loved them except Sophie who sat on my lap covering her ears asking to get out of there.

Here is Jake who was helping light all the sparklers.

Ella painting on the back patio of my neighbors.

Sophie and Luke, her bff, boyfriend, EC(eternal companion) etc. These two are best buddies and are so cute together. Luke lives next door along with Lauren, Landon, Liz and Mat. They are the best neighbors ever and we have so much fun with them.

Kids loading up on Fielding's skateboard swing.

I spent a week at girls camp with these crazy girls. The stake put it on and us as ward leaders had very little we were in charge of. It was a great change from the year before when we were suppose to have stake camp but then they split our stake and we had to plan a ward camp with 2 months notice. All of our girls were so great and we had such a wonderful experience. I sure love all the girls in this picture!


Jake recently started a new job which includes a lot of traveling. He goes where the job is. Right now, that is in Baker City Oregon. So he is gone from Monday morning until Thursday night. So far it hasn't been too bad because I have been so busy this summer. The first week he was gone I spent a week in Utah with my sister Lisa, my mom, my sister Mari who recently moved to Utah and Brian was even there for some of it too. We pretty much just partied the whole time we were there. We went swimming every day, one day we went twice, we went bowling, did some shopping, ate some great food and just enjoyed each others company. For some reason most of the pictures I took that week did not turn out so great. So I have one of Mari and Ella bowling. The next week, Lisa and her family made the trip up to Boise. My little bro is going on a mission and got to go through the temple on June 26th with the family. What a great experience. After the temple, we were all treated to a dinner at the GC aka the Golden Corral where we all ate ourselves into a coma, it was awesome. Included in this post are some pics we took of the cousins and my kids at the park. It's quite difficult to get 5 kiddos to sit still long enough to get a decent picture but at least we tried.

My 3 kiddos grinning away at the park.

Cousin FUN!

Silly Faces, it's the only way we could get a smiling one:)

See I told you we went bowling, Mari and Ella at the bowling alley.

Ella, Benson and Matt getting some good old cuddle time in on the couch watching a movie.

Brian's temple day!




We got a new niece this summer as well. Lexi Grace was born on June 26th weighing in at 7 lbs 3 oz to Nikki and Tipper. We have 2 more nephews to be born in the next little while. Linzy is due any time and Lisa will be having another boy in November. Congratulations Nikki and Tipper!

3 comments:

Lis said...

What a fun post! I am so glad I have been a big part of your summer so far. I loved all the pictures, especially the one of us siblings minus Meesh at the temple and the kiddos cuddling on my couch in the zebra blanket. Sooo cute.

Fielding 5 said...

We definitely need to do another bbq/movie night. That was so dang fun! We're so glad to be neighbors! My kids would die of boredom without yours! I love all of your pics. What a great summer! Let's go bowling soon.

Merced said...

looks like a fun summer so far! I love the skateboard swing, that is a great idea.

Jake, Wendy, Matt, Ella & Sophie