Monday, August 30, 2010

Matt's Birthday, First Day of School and More!

Another school year is here. Matt is starting 2nd grade and Ella is going to preschool this year 3 days a week for 3 hours. I'm not quite sure what I will do with just Sophie and me at home for all that time but I'm sure we will figure it out eventually. They were so excited to go this morning. Poor Sophie was convinced she was going to preschool with Ella. She wandered around the house this morning with a back pack on. Hopefully they will learn a lot while they are at school. I'm excited to hear all about their first day!



Matt had his 7th birthday this past week. We had a friend party on the 27th at our house. I invited 9 kids but I think because it was so close to school a lot could not come. Matt didn't seem to mind however. We still had a great time at the party.


Matt started playing football a couple of weeks ago. There was a huge Jamboree down at BSU stadium on the 21st where they said 8,000 players were there, that's not including family coming to watch. It was insane to find parking and even crazier trying to keep track of our 3 kids with everyone down there. Their game was only 12 MINUTES long, 6 minutes of offensive and 6 minutes of defense. The kids had a great time and it was so fun to watch them play. Matt had his game face on through the whole thing. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it because he was trying to be all serious. He's getting so big, ok maybe to me he is. He is by far the smallest one on the team and also the youngest. He barely makes the cut off and some kids barely missed the cut off so some of the kids he is playing with are 2 years older than him and a lot bigger. We will see how the season goes. Wish us luck!


Here are a few pictures of Matt back in the day. I can not believe he is already 7! It seems like yesterday he was so little. He was such a good baby and so cute if I do say so myself:) We sure love him!
1 day old

Bath time

Walking baby

2 years old

3 years old

4 comments:

Lis said...

Griffin wore the shirt from the last picture to church yesterday! Matty really was the most beautiful baby, I can't believe he is 7! He is such a fun boy, maybe you should have another one . . .

jami said...

so cute. I loved all the pics escpecially the ones of matt as a baby. I can't believe he is 7... wow

Fielding 5 said...

I love those pictures of Matt! How cute!

The Nielsons said...

Hope your kids had a great first day! Also, don't remind me of how quick kids grow up...guess you just have to enjoy each stage though :)

Jake, Wendy, Matt, Ella & Sophie