Friday, March 18, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

I've been meaning to post something for weeks now. I'm posting without any pictures which I hate, but we recently got a new computer and all our programs are not loaded on here yet which includes the program I use to upload all of our pictures. Hopefully next time I am ready to post, it will be on there so I can include some pictures. I'm trying to recall what we have been up to for the past month and a half. Matt was involved with his school spelling bee and placed in 5th place out of all of the 2nd graders. I was incredibly nervous for him the whole time but he seemed so in control and confident while he was up there spelling his words. He definitely gets that from his dad not his mom. Matt has also lost 2 teeth in the last 2 days. The tooth fairy is going to go broke on his teeth alone:) He lost both of them at lunch while he was at school. He is in that phase of life where is teeth are as big as his face.....haha.

Sophie recently started a playschool at the high school. Although if you ask her how playschool was, she will say it's not playschool, it's high school. She is convinced she is just going to high school. It makes for extremely busy mornings. I have to get Matt out the door at 7:45 for school, leave immediately after he does to drop Sophie off at the high school. Come home and get Ella ready for preschool. We leave to drop Ella off at preschool at 8:55 and then head back to the high school to get Sophie. That is our morning routine from Monday until Thursday. We get a little bit of a break on Fridays!

Ella has just been her cute old self. Recently she was playing at a neighbors house and they were playing school. Her friend was the teacher and was asking each "student" to define some words for her. Ella's word she was to define was awesome and her definition of the word was "when Mom is happy and it's pink." She is seriously the cutest girl ever. She is always concerned about others happiness and we love her so much.

Probably the biggest thing that has happened to us lately is Jake has decided to head back to school to finish his degree. He's decided to finish up with Civil Engineering instead of Mechanical. It took a while for us to come to this decision but we both feel really good about it. He will start in the fall! It will be a crazy 4 semesters but Jake is excited to start which is a huge plus. Hopefully all will go well during those 2 years. It is a leap of faith but we are excited about it. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Lis said...

Things I love most about this post:

1. I already knew all of this because I talk to you practically every day.

2. Sophie goes to high school-that girl is 3 going on 13.

3. Matt has teeth the size of his face! hahahahahahahahahahaha

4. Ella is the cutest and sweetest girl to ever live, seriously. Can I have her?

5. 2 years will pass in a blink right?

6. I miss you . . . bad. Like really bad. How about you move into my basement while Jake finished school?

Thanks for the update! I love you!

Fielding 5 said...

Jake is going back to school? I guess things change when you go out of town! Civil, huh? Mat will love that one! Poor Landon hasn't lost any teeth yet! Ella is definitely cute. And by the way, I keep the peanut butter out of Sophie & Luke's reach!!

Jenner said...

So fun to catch up on your family! Hope it all goes well for Jake going back to school! It is great that he is excited about it!

Lori said...

I've been on maternity leave from blogging for a while, sounds like you are one busy momma! I hope summertime is a lazy one for ya. Congratulations on the going back to school choice, we have so many friends that have decided to take that same route too. Good luck! Hopefully, we'll see ya at the reunion.

Jake, Wendy, Matt, Ella & Sophie