Saturday, September 24, 2011

Are you ready for some football?

For the last 6 weeks or so we have been all about football at our house. Matt is in his 2nd year of flag football and we are actually on a winning team this year....woot! So far they have only lost 1 game. Matt has been playing a linebacker on defense and the center or running back on offense.....are you shocked I know the actual name of the positions? You should be, I didn't know much about football until I married Jake. I'm slowly learning. We had a great game today. Matt yanked a couple flags today and got to run the ball a few times as well for some yardage. Last week, he ran in our extra point. Go Matt, I know! Hopefully their team will keep up the wins for the rest of the seaon. Wish us luck! Football completely consumes your life for those 2 months or so they are playing. I've been told that tackle is even worse which Matt will be playing next year....YIKES!

2 comments:

kitty said...

Awesome! Gotta love fall sports. They are time consuming, but it's kind of nice to sit in the park and watch the leaves changing! My girlies have been doing soccer. All three of them. I am running them to and fro every night of the week.

Lis said...

I wish this picture was bigger. Cute little Matt, all grown up getting baptized and playing football. I also wish that Benson's soccer season wasn't right now, so we could come up and see him play.

Love ya!

PS I am glad you are blogging again!

Jake, Wendy, Matt, Ella & Sophie